How many times have you said, “I’ll start my diet next week”? Famous last words, right? Well, at the risk of sounding cliché, I will tell you there’s no time like the present and here’s why.
- Instant gratification: Although it may feel like it, weight gain doesn’t happen overnight and unfortunately weight doesn’t fall off overnight either. That said, before you lose even an ounce, just knowing that you’ve made the commitment to lose weight can produce a flurry of endorphins. Feeling good about the direction you’re headed is many times the best motivation to keep you moving toward your goal.
- Overcome the self-imposed guilt: Not doing what you know is in your own best interest can be a big downer. When we delay our goals, words of self-ridicule tend to play over and over in our minds like a broken record. Conversely, when we attack our goals with ferocity, we feel intrinsically better about ourselves.
- Delay equals greater difficulty: The longer you wait to begin losing weight, the harder it can be. With weight loss, the more we think about it, the greater our urge is to eat. So spending weeks and months contemplating the start of a weight loss program can equate to weeks and months of additional weight gain. By taking action now, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose except for the weight of course.
- Reduce health risks: The sooner you begin to lose weight, the less likely you are to jeopardize your health. Every day that you carry around excess weight is a day that you risk acquiring life altering ailments such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and cancer to name a few. When you begin to lose weight, you increase your odds of avoiding these maladies.
- Getting started is the hardest part so as Nike says, “just do it”! Have you ever dreaded the thought of doing something, only to realize that once you started it wasn’t all that bad? When we stand at the base of a mountain gazing upward, we create a mental story that tells us all the reasons it will be hard to climb. Once we take that first step though, the hardest part is over and the motion that we create propels us forward.
If you’ve been in weight loss contemplation mode, try contemplating all of the reasons why it makes sense to not put it off for another day!
Call Medifast Weight Loss Centers today at (602) 996-9669 and you’ll get the support and expertise of our professionally trained and caring team to help jump start your weight loss goals.