Between long work hours, commute time, family and social life, you may feel like your life bares a strong resemblance to a circus juggling act. Throughout each chaotic day, a little voice in the back of your head whispers words laden with guilt.
It repeats over and over that you should be making time to workout, but you can’t imagine possibly squeezing one more thing into your already overbooked schedule. Fear not, many people with similar circumstances have come up with a way to make exercise a part of their daily routine, and with the following ideas you can too!
1.Make exercise a family affair: Exercise doesn’t have to detract from your family time. Take the kids to the playground and use a nearby bench to do tricep dips and incline push-ups, then use the monkey bars to do pull-ups. Once the kids are worn out, take them for a ride in a jogging stroller to work in your cardio.
2. Make fitness social: Socializing doesn’t have to revolve around food and drinks. Instead invite a few friends or a date to go hiking, play a team sport, or take a fitness class with you. Getting healthier together is a great way to strengthen social bonds.
3. Multitask: While walking on the treadmill or riding the exercise bike, catch up on social media, reading, or conference calls. At work, suggest taking a walk to discuss business with colleagues. You’ll likely stir up more creativity if your body is in motion and you will have burned a few calories without sacrificing productivity.
4. Get competitive: Start a fitness competition at the office. A little healthy competition and a common goal will promote team building and motivation, while creating an atmosphere of greater accountability.
5. Turn your commute into a workout: You have to get to work one way or another so why not change how you get there. Walk or bike all or part of your way to work. This will energize the start of your day and help clear your head and release energy after the workday is done.
6. Make an appointment with yourself: Presumably, your calendar is loaded with business, social, and family related appointments. Make it a priority to schedule time for the most important person in your life, YOU! If your workout is on your calendar, like all of your other appointments, you’re more likely to make it happen.
7. Do little things throughout the day: Exercise doesn’t have to be done all at once to be beneficial, so get up from your desk and walk for ten minutes, take the stairs, or park a couple of blocks away from your destination and walk the remaining distance. Integrating a few of these intermittent bursts of exercise throughout your day will be just as beneficial.
Fitting exercise into your daily routine doesn’t have to be arduous. By making a few small changes, you can see big results! The caring experts at Arizona Medifast Weight Control Centers can work with you to design a fitness routine that fits into your lifestyle. Call today (602) 996-9669 to schedule your free consultation.