Salmon is the perfect dish for any season, and we love this savory cilantro salmon recipe! With 34 grams of protein, it’s sure to keep you full and satisfied until your next meal.
- 11-12 oz salmon, raw (should yield two 5-oz cooked servings)
- 1-½ cups fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) yellow bell pepper , sliced
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) red bell pepper , sliced
- 1 cup (1 medium 2-¾” x 2-½”) green bell pepper , sliced
- ¼ cup (2 oz) water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 Tbsp hot red pepper sauce
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
Marinade: In a food processor, combine cilantro, lemon or lime juice, hot red pepper sauce, cumin, salt, and water; puree until smooth. Transfer marinade to gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add salmon. Seal bag, squeezing out air; turn to coat salmon. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. After marinating: Preheat oven to 400° F. Spray medium-sized square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray until lightly covered. Arrange pepper slices in a single layer in prepared pan; bake 20 minutes, turning pepper slices once. Drain salmon; discard marinade. Place salmon on top of pepper slices; bake, turning salmon once, 12-14 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.