The perfect fall dish, that can be made right in your crockpot! Our spiced roast beef crockpot recipe is perfect for work days, just throw it in before you leave in the morning and it’ll be ready when you get home! How easy is that?
- 2-½ lbs (40 oz) raw, boneless beef chuck clod roast (should yield six 5-oz cooked servings)
Crockpot spice blend:
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp salt or salt substitute
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1-¼ lbs) whole mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 cups (7-8 large stalks) celery, roughly diced
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups scallions (12-14 scallions), roughly chopped
Trim all visible fat from roast. Rub black pepper and garlic onto roast; place in crock pot. Make several small shallow slits in top of roast. In small bowl, combine remaining spice blend ingredients; pour over meat. Cover; cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Add vegetables during last 30-60 minutes of roasting. Recipe should serve six 5-oz servings of roast and 3 vegetable servings each.