Arizona Medifast owner Ilyne Fleischman will appear on Channel 12 this weekend discussing healthy barbecuing for Father’s Day. Please tune in Saturday morning at 7:30AM on Channel 12!
Here are 2 recipes for Father’s Day to consider – they are delicious, healthy and compatible with your Medifast program!
Turkey Burgers with Zucchini
- 5 oz grated zucchini (when squeezed 4.25 oz)
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs*
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp grated red onion
- 1 tsp kosher salt and fresh pepper
- oil spray
Squeeze ALL the moisture from the zucchini with paper towels. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Make 5 equal patties, 4 1/2 ounces each, not too thick so they cook in the center.
To cook indoors: Heat a large nonstick skillet on high heat. When hot, lightly spray oil. Add burgers to the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook on one side until browned, then flip. Flip over a few times to prevent burning and to make sure the burgers are cooked all the way through.
If grilling: Clean grill well before cooking and spray with oil spray to prevent sticking. Cook the burgers on medium heat about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
*Use gluten-free crumbs for gluten-free diets.
Here is an additional recipe for Delicious Veggie Chips, ALSO with Zucchini!
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 3 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and rosemary together in a large mixing bowl
3. Add yellow squash and zucchini, and gently mix to coat
4. On a large, lightly-greased baking sheet, arrange the yellow squash and zucchini slices in a single layer
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until crisp