With 2/3 of the US being either overweight or obese, most people expose themselves to increasing risks of associated medical conditions such as high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes. Facing an increasing number of medications and health deteriorating, a lot of people decide to try and reach a healthy weight and maintain it.
Is a Weight Loss Program the Best Option?
Weight loss programs are based on providing clients with meal replacements that helps them stay on track. Certain dietary guidelines are provided and the reason why they work in most cases is that they restrict the number of calories ingested on a regular basis. The Medifast program consists of meal replacements along with a lean & green option. The program offers filling meals that are packed with vitamins and minerals.
During a program such as Medifast, the body is forced to burn up stored fat in order to satisfy the need for extra fuel that is no longer supplied through food intake. When a person reaches the weight loss goal, it is vital to have the knowledge in place for maintenance so the weight doesn’t all come back on.
Advantages of a Weight Loss Program such as Medifast
– They provide a structured plan for people to follow, and they set weight loss goals that can be achieved by following the plan
– They offer plenty of support for those that follow them so they can keep on track and enjoy their success with other participants
– They offer balanced meals and teach clients about healthy food choices
– They teach clients about the importance of normal portions
– They offer a long term maintenance plan with knowledgeable counselors.
Not all weight loss programs have meals that are as tasty as Medifast, or the counselors to support clients in their efforts. Some are deficient in vitamins and minerals, and have insufficient variety of meal choices.