A supervised weight loss program is a fantastic way to lose weight if you stick to a plan. Below are a few preparations that need to be done in order to lose weight effectively.
The very first thing that you need to do when starting a weight-loss program is to have the right mindset. Prepare your mind to accept what it takes to lose the weight that you desire. Also, prepare yourself to know that it took months – maybe years – to put the weight on, and it may take that long to take and keep it off. Quick weight-loss programs are often times a let-down for people, and they find that they gain it all back just as quickly as losing it.
With the Medifast Weight Control Program in AZ, there are Certified Weight Loss Specialists at each Center available to help you with motivation, advice and guidance.
Next are your eating habits. After preparing your mind to accept whatever it takes to lose weight in a healthy manner, you must act on it. The Medifast program takes all the guesswork out of your “diet”. The Specialists can help guide you through the meal replacement selections, there are over 80 to choose from. During the program, the delicious food keeps you satisfied, and during the maintenance time frame the Specialists will help you learn how to eat for the future.
The type of exercise that you choose to do is important, because it needs to be one that you enjoy doing. Enjoying exercise keeps you from dreading exercising. Also, by doing one that you enjoy, you are apt to keep it up for a longer duration and maybe move on to more strenuous exercising to lose even more weight.
Now that you have the three main preparations in mind, you can now move on to the “exacts” of losing weight. Here are a few quick ideas about each preparation.
- Keep positive.
- Look forward.
- Let go of past diet failures.
- Meditate or pray.
- Imagine daily how you want to look.
- Imagine daily your insides staying healthy.
- Stay around other positive and supportive people.
- Stay honest and true to yourself.
The Program (Medifast already does these for you!)
- Keep a food diary.
- Eat smaller meals more often.
- Lower your carbohydrates.
- Drink lots of water, 8 glasses a day is recommended.
- Reduce saturated fat which is from meat and dairy.
- Eat good fats such as Omega-3 (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated).
- Study food labels.
- Eat an occasional treat.
- Drink little to no alcohol.
- Limit your tea, and coffee to two per day.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Find an exercise you enjoy.
- Keep a record chart of your exercise.
- If you skip your exercise, try to do a bit more the next time.
- Start slow and build up.
- Add lightweights to your exercise program as you progress.
- Exercise with a buddy if it helps motivate you.
- If you want to give up, find another exercise that will keep you moving.
- Move as much as possible whenever possible.
Lastly, there are a few things that will help you with your weight-loss program. For exercise, you may purchase hand weights, boxing gloves and bag, hula hoop, jump rope, and a personal trampoline. For your mind, keep motivated, determined, and strong willed.