Make a batch of this Virgin Bloody Mary mix and provide your whole party with a healthy, delicious Medifast version of this popular drink.
YIELDS: 1 Serving | 1 Medifast Meal, 1 Condiment, ½ Optional Snack
- 1 packet Medifast Tomato Basil Bisque or Cream of Tomato soup
- 8 oz. hot water
- Dash of pepper or hot sauce
- Mix soup and hot water in a cup.
- Add pepper and/or hot sauce.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Stir and garnish with lime wedge, celery stalk, or pickle spear.
Serve and enjoy!
YIELDS: 2 Serving | 1 Green, 3 Condiments
- 1 Cup Cauliflower
- Butter Spray (‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter’ or similar)
- 1 oz Non-fat Cream Cheese
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Steam cauliflower in microwave until very tender
- Put steamed cauliflower into food processor while still warm
- Add in cream cheese and spray with butter (approximately 10 sprays)
- Mix until smooth
YIELDS: 2 Serving | 1 Meal, 2-3 Condiments
- 1 Medifast Scrambled Eggs
- 1 Medifast Vanilla Shake
- 8 oz Water
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon or Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla or Rum Extract
- 1-2 Packets Splenda/Sweetener
- Put all ingredients except cinnamon/nutmeg into blender
- Mix ingredients for 2 – 3 minutes or until smooth
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg on top of each drink
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired and serve
Four ingredients = four delicious cookies! Featuring two Medifast products, this recipe is simple and tasty!
YIELDS: 1 Serving | 2 Meals, 1 Condiment
- 1 Packet Medifast Essential 1: Antioxidants Cherry Pomegranate Shake
- 1 Packet Medifast Brownie
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2-4 oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Slowly add water until dough is sticky
- Drop balls onto silicone baking sheet or pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for 6-8 minutes
If you’ve ever attempted to lose weight, you know that willpower is key to a successful start, but it won’t be enough to take you to the finish line and sustain your weight long term. As it turns out, getting started is the easy part, but maintaining your weight long term poses the biggest challenge and is a true indicator of your success. So, you ask, what will it take to not only achieve, but maintain my ideal weight? In a word, COMMITTMENT!
Let’s start by looking at the role that willpower plays in weight loss or any other goal. First, it should be noted that we can’t discount the importance of willpower. After all, it is willpower that will helps us to pass up desert when you’re out to dinner. Willpower will get us out of bed an hour early to go to the gym. It may even keep us from having a second helping at the upcoming holiday gatherings. Yes, willpower is our friend and it will certainly be a part of our success, but only in the short term. Achieving lasting weight loss requires that both willpower and commitment work in tandem.
Now that we have that straight, let’s define commitment and how having it can be the deciding factor in our long-term weight loss success. Commitment is to marriage what willpower is to a date. While commitment is tied to a long-term goal or lifestyle, willpower guides our short-term decision making. When we commit to something, our psyche is so intertwined with it and we take it on as an essential part of our being. So, in the context of weight loss, we may lack willpower one day and raid the candy jar, but it is our commitment to the long-term goal that will steer us back to making healthier choices.
Commitments are more likely to be kept because they are typically made more public and therefore bring in a component of accountability. For example, when we commit to a new job we tell our friends and family, we sign a contract of employment, and we convince the decision makers that we will do the job both consistently and well.
Perhaps we can learn from this model of commitment when deciding to lose weight. Keeping our quest to lose weight under wraps and pressuring ourselves into having the willpower to make good decisions in a vacuum throughout each and every day sounds like a setup for failure and frustration. If we let it be known that we are committed to losing weight and yes, perhaps even put it in writing, our odds of succeeding increase exponentially!
Break the cycle of relying only upon your willpower. Make a serious and long-term commitment to your health and happiness by deciding to change your lifestyle. Picking up the phone and calling the caring professionals at Arizona Medifast Weight Control Centers can be the first step toward solidifying your commitment. You don’t have to do this alone. Support, expertise, and accountability are a phone call away!
Arizona Medifast success story Darla (left) has achieved an amazing transformation. She has lost 50 pounds and 67 inches, and stated “I have never felt stronger and more confident, and that never would have been possible had I not walked into a Medifast center!”
Recently, Darla completed a 7 peak hike in one day and placed 9th out of 110 women. It took 9 hours. WOW! Congratulations to Darla, we applaud your success!
Opening your kitchen cabinet, you quickly slam it shut trying to pretend you don’t hear the bags of leftover Halloween candy calling out to you. You manage to walk away unscathed, but open your mail only to receive two holiday party invitations.
Then it hits you, that familiar anxiety that creeps up this time each year. The holiday season is here and so too is the ever-present temptation to binge on the rich, plentiful foods of the season. However, this holiday season doesn’t have to threaten waistline. Make these simple changes below to take a preemptive strike on the battle of the bulge and reign victorious in the quest to maintain your waistline!
- Don’t slip into deprivation mode. It’s easy to believe that skipping breakfast justifies your later indulgence in holiday cookies and other goodies. Think again! Depriving yourself of nutritionally necessary meals only lowers your defenses against temptations that creep up later in the day. The best way to equip yourself for this battle is to fuel your body with healthy snacks and three square meals. That will keep you feeling strong so that you can combat any urge to give into the munchies.
- Think moderation. Not everything has to be black and white. If you want to taste the cake your colleague brought into work, you don’t have to apologetically explain why you’re unable to do so. Instead, ask for a small sliver. Take a bite or two and savor the flavor. Then walk away and don’t even contemplate a second piece.
- Make healthy food a new holiday tradition. Just because people associate the holidays with rich, sweet foods doesn’t mean you should. Be a trendsetter and start a new tradition of incorporating healthy options into the office potluck or party menu. Bring a beautiful platter of fresh fruits and vegetables to munch on. Filling most your plate with healthy choices like these will leave much less room for the traditionally fattening holiday fare.
- Recruit an accountability partner. When trying to resist the tempting holiday treats, there’s safety in numbers. Find someone who is equally eager and motivated to avoid the holiday bulge. Commit to talking to this person each day to share your successes and challenges and support one another during your times of temptation. Knowing that someone else is counting on you can make you feel less alone and more motivated to stick with the plan.
- Up your activity. Sign up for a holiday exercise program or create your own. Send out invitations to your colleagues or friends organizing a walking club or team sporting event. At holiday parties volunteer to help with set up and clean up so that you’re moving around and less tempted to sit and eat mindlessly.
You can make 2016 the year that you win the battle of the holiday bulge! The caring professionals at Arizona Medifast Weight Control Centers can provide additional support and expertise to help you successfully navigate the holidays.
Call today at (602) 996-9669 to defend and protect your waistline this holiday season!
- 1 cup EggBeaters® Original egg substitute
- 3 cups (1 small bunch) fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups (18 medium) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded moderate-fat cheese such as shredded part-skim mozzarella (moderate-fat cheese = 3-6 g of fat per 1-oz or ¼-cup, shredded serving)
- ¼ cup (2 medium) cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Sausage Style Recipe Crumbles™
- ½ cup (6 medium) black olives, sliced
- ½ tsp Mrs. Dash® seasoning (any flavor)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Dash of salt and/or pepper (optional)
Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray for up to 10 seconds. Over medium heat, add mushrooms, spinach, olives, tomatoes*, and sausage crumbles. (*Tomatoes can also be served raw as an omelet topper.) Cook and stir until mushrooms are fairly soft, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash® seasoning over vegetable mixture. Stir mixture to evenly coat with seasoning. Pour EggBeaters® over sautéed vegetables and reduce heat to medium. While omelet cooks, lift edge of egg mixture to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. When most of the egg is cooked, sprinkle cheese over top. Allow cheese to melt slightly, then fold in half and serve. Salt and pepper to taste if desired.