- 4 oz moderate-fat cheese, such as part-skim mozzarella (moderate-fat cheese = 3-6 g of fat per 1-oz or ¼-cup, shredded serving)
- ¾ cup (9 medium 5-¼” to 7” spears) asparagus
- ¾ cup (2 medium 2-3/5”) tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Newman’s Own® Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Trim ends from asparagus, chop tomatoes, and shred cheese or cut into cubes. Bring medium-sized pot of water to boil, drop in cleaned asparagus, and boil 5 minutes or until asparagus is al dente (tender-crisp). Drain asparagus and quickly put into a bowl or pot of ice cold water (this stops asparagus from over-cooking). Add remaining ingredients to cooled, drained asparagus and chill. Serve chilled.